Happy Friday Funday everyone! We are excited to kick off the weekend with a fun new challenge!
Now that we are staying at home, sometimes it can be hard to find ways to move throughout the day. Adding in little activity breaks can help to get out those extra wiggles! You may find that these short, fun breaks make you feel more energized and help you refocus.
Check out these 15 ideas for activity breaks! Print this board or screenshot it to check off the boxes you complete!
1. Take a lap around your living room
Stand up and run, jog, skip, or walk to take a lap! Can you try moving backwards?
2. “Commute” to virtual school
How do you normally get to school? Bus, walk, bike, or carpool, there’s still a ton of movement involved! Officially start your virtual school day with a walk to “commute”. Go on a short 10-minute walk before logging on and starting your day.
3. Stand up and touch your toes 10 times
The more your practice, the easier it will be to reach your toes! No worries if you aren’t quite there yet!
4. Give your parents or siblings a high five
Make sure to tell them that they rock!
5. Bear walk to the kitchen to get a cup of water
Already mastered this move? Try crab walking!
6. Hopscotch down a hallway
Try hopping on one foot and then two feet! Be sure to keep your balance!
7. Practice your favorite dance move
Do the Macarena, floss, disco, or any other cool move!
8. Go on an after lunch walk with your family
Going on a stroll after lunch is a great way to spend time as a family and get outside!
9. Move something from one room to another without using your hands
Use your feet, elbows, knees—anything goes as long as it’s not your hands! Make sure to move something that will not break easily.
10. Hunt down an acorn outside
North Carolina is home to lots of oak trees which are where acorns grow! See if you can find an acorn outside. Bonus points if the top is attached!
11. Find 5 furry friends outside
With more people staying home, dogs are going on more mid-day walks! See how many furry friends you can see on your next walk. Be sure to practice social distancing and stay six feet away.
12. Try a new food: You never know until you try!
Give a new fruit, vegetable, or yummy meal a try this week. You may be surprised to learn you like it!
13. Join BCF for Virtual Cooking Class
We will be LIVE on Facebook Tuesday May 5th at 6pm. Follow along as Rachel prepares a recipe written by Jenny Favret, a dietitian from Healthy Lifestyles! You can find all of Jenny’s recipes here. Join by clicking the BCF Facebook logo. You can find our Facebook here.
14. Join BCF for an Activity Follow Along: We will be LIVE on Facebook, Wednesday May 6th at 6pm. Follow along as Rachel completes a fun circuit that you can do in your home! Join by clicking the BCF Facebook logo.You can find our Facebook here.
15. Free Space: Have another idea for an activity break? We would love to see! Be sure to tag us on Facebook and Instagram (@bullcityfit).
Bull City Fit participants can earn their BCF Buck by sending in a picture video of you and your family completing at least five moves from the above list! Please send pictures and videos by email to email@example.com or to our Instagram (@bullcityfit). You may be chosen to be featured on our social media account!